Here’s one simple way. Apply the 90/30/20 rule. This rule is simple:
- People remember 20% of what they hear
- They remember 30% of what they see
- And…. They remember 90% of what they do
So, how do we leverage this rule when we’re engaging potential clients? First, get your prospects involved. Here’s a few easy ways:
- Don’t tell them about you and your products, ask them questions.
- If you’re doing a presentation, get the audience actively involved.
- Give your prospects homework before you meet, such as a survey.
- And if you do a demo, hand the controls over to your prospect and direct them through doing demo.